Our JV's will host the Robert Bateman Wolves of Abbottsford, BC on Wednesday 17 November at 2:01 PM in "The Canem Cage" on John Barsby Field.
Bateman is exceptionally fast, loaded with G. 10's and big up-front. We will have to prepare very, very well in practice Monday and Tuesday in order to be ready for this crew.
How you can help:
1) Attend the game if you can! The guys play their best in front of their parents and friends. The more folks out cheering, the better! Please network with friends and family to get a big crowd out to the game!
2) Field Set-Up: Coach Stevenson will be on the field at 5:06 AM Wednesday morning to set-up the field (Varsity practice is at 6:00 AM). Any help with field set-up would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
3) Stick Crew: Adult help is needed with the chains and down-box. If you can help with the sticks, please come by the field 15 minutes prior to kick-off and stand by them.
4) Field Take-Down: After each game it is a very big help when everyone pitches in to collect the field markers, signs, post-pads and properly store them in the bin.
Spectators: We need NOISE on game-day! We want to be classy as a crowd however so please use the maxim "Cheer Loudly For Your Team and not against the other team".
Our Varsity will host the Pitt Meadows Marauders on Friday, 19 November at 1:01 PM on the brand new artificial turf field in Ladysmith, BC.
BCSSFA mandates that all varsity playoff games are played on artificial turf and this is the nearest location we can secure. The City of Ladysmith has really stepped up to get changerooms in place, bathrooms in place, parking arranged and bleachers for spectators.
The field is located at the North End of 4th Avenue in Ladysmith. Directions to the game as follows: Headed South into town from Nanaimo on the Island Hwy. Turn right on to 1st Avenue and drive past Tim Hortons to the turnabout; Turn Right and drive up-the hill on Symonds Street until you reach 4th Avenue. Turn right on 4th avenue and drive north all the way to its end. You will see the field on your right hand side. http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
Of Note: There are construction delays on the Island Hwy. near Cassidy. It is very wise to circumvent this by taking the Cedar Road turnoff and following Cedar Road to its junction with the Island Hwy. just past Cassidy airport. Will save you time.
The Game: Pitt is a very good football team with balanced running and passing and excellent special teams. On defense, these guys blitz a lot and are all about pressure! We surely have our work cut-out for us at Varsity in preparation for this game!
1) We need maximum attendance for the game! Please ask family and friends to come out as well as use your social networking sites to get word out! We want to be classy as a crowd however so pleas use the maxim "Cheer Loudly For Your Team and not against the other team". Our guys thrive on the home crowd and could use all the support they can get! Please wear red or black if you have such clothing.
2) Sticks and Down Box: We need adult crew that can make this game for the duration. The chain gang needs to be in place a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the game.
3) Field set-up: We are in the process of arranging a crew of volunteers to set the field up at 0900 on Friday Morning. Set-up will include all field markers/sticks/post-pads, game-day advertising/PA/Tent/ and scaffolding for video. Please contact Coach Stevenson Boomsha@yahoo.com if you can help. The more hands, the shorter the work. A huge effect of such volunteer help is the fact that it gives the coaching staff the opportunity to coach and prepare players to play the game!
4) Lastly, we need help taking the field down post game.
Folks, we can pull this off, but it is going to take the efforts of many people working together for it to happen. On behalf of the players who have worked so very hard to be playing in such meaningful games at this time of the season, I am most humbly and earnestly asking for your help. Now is the time for the power of program to bring forth its full measure!
Thank You and have a great week!
Coach R. Stevenson